Papers on Google Scholar
Code for Published Papers on GitHub
|I am employed
as a Fellow at RTI International. I have a Ph. D. in Survey Methodology from the Joint Program in Survey Methodology (JPSM) at the University of Maryland.
I do statistical consulting work on topics of sample design, weighting and coverage issues. I have consulted on several projects with the World Bank.
I have also worked with Statistics without Borders.
- With Edith de Leeuw, I am editing a special issue of the Journal of Official Statistics on the Total Survey Error Framework. The issue will contain a selection of papers presented at the TSE15 conference.
I'm also editing a special issue of Survey Research Methods on the use of GIS and remote sensing data in survey design, data collection and analysis.
For a complete list, see my Google Scholar website.
- Eckman, S, Himelein, K and Dever, J. “New Ideas in Sampling for Surveys in the Developing World” forthcoming in Johnson, TP, Pennell, B, Stoop, I and Dorer, B.
Advances in Comparative Survey Methods: Multicultural, Multinational and Multiregional Context. Wiley.
- Eckman, S. 2015. “Does the Inclusion of Non-Internet Households in a Web Panel Reduce Coverage Bias?” Social Science Computer Review, Special Issue on Survey Error in Probability-based Online and Mixed-Mode Access Panels of the General Population.
- Eckman, S, Kreuter, F, Kirchner, A, Jäckle, A, Tourangeau, R and Presser, S. 2014. “Assessing the Mechanisms of Misreporting to Filter Questions in Surveys” Public Opinion Quarterly Code
- Himelein, K,
Eckman, S and Murray, S. 2014.
“Sampling Nomads: A New Technique for Remote, Hard-to-Reach, and Mobile Populations” Journal of Official Statistics
- Eckman, S
and Kreuter, F. 2013.
“Undercoverage Rates and Undercoverage Bias in Traditional Housing Unit
Listing” Sociological Methods
and Research Code
S, Sinibaldi, J, and Moentmann-Hertz, A. 2013. “Can Interviewers Effectively Rate the Likelihood of Cases to Cooperate?” Public Opinion Quarterly
- Eckman, S and English, N. 2012. “Creating Housing Unit Frames from Address Databases: Geocoding Precision and Net Coverage Rates” Field Methods
When I'm not working, I like to run, bike and swim. My fastest half-marathon time is 1:47.