Papers on Google Scholar
Code for Published Papers on GitHub
With Edith de Leeuw, I edited a special issue of the Journal of Official Statistics on the Total Survey Error Framework. The issue contains a selection of papers presented at the conference.
I also recently edited a special issue of Survey Research Methods on the use of GIS and remote sensing data in survey design, data collection and analysis.
I co-chaired a large international conference on Total Survey Error in September, 2015. The conference monograph, Total Survey Error in Practice was published in 2017 and contains 25 articles from leaders in the field.
For a complete list, see my Google Scholar website.
- Research on Motivated Misreporting : the shortcuts respondents sometimes take to reduce survey burden -- currently the topic of a fellowship with the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Bach, R, Eckman, S. 2018. “Participating in a panel survey changes respondentsí labour market behaviour” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A
- Oberski, D, Kirchner, A, Eckman, S and Kreuter, F. 2017. “Evaluating the quality of survey and administrative data with generalized multitrait-multimethod models” Journal of the American Statistical Association
- Eckman, S. 2015. “Does the Inclusion of Non-Internet Households in a Web Panel Reduce Coverage Bias?” Social Science Computer Review, Special Issue on Survey Error in Probability-based Online and Mixed-Mode Access Panels of the General Population
- Eckman, S, Kreuter, F, Kirchner, A, Jäckle, A, Tourangeau, R and Presser, S. 2014. “Assessing the Mechanisms of Misreporting to Filter Questions in Surveys” Public Opinion Quarterly Code
- Himelein, K,
Eckman, S and Murray, S. 2014.
“Sampling Nomads: A New Technique for Remote, Hard-to-Reach, and Mobile Populations” Journal of Official Statistics
- Eckman, S
and Kreuter, F. 2013.
“Undercoverage Rates and Undercoverage Bias in Traditional Housing Unit
Listing” Sociological Methods
and Research Code
- Eckman, S, Sinibaldi, J, and Moentmann-Hertz, A. 2013. “Can Interviewers Effectively Rate the Likelihood of Cases to Cooperate?” Public Opinion Quarterly
When I'm not working, I like to run, bike and swim. My fastest half-marathon time is 1:47.